Thursday, March 12, 2015

Smile Mini Card

Hi everyone :-D

Today I have another CAS (clean and simple), mini card to share with you. It´s a Smile Mini Card.



This was quick and easy to make card.

I cut out card base from a white cardstock paper and rounded two opposite corners with round corner paper puncher. Card dimensions are 76 mm x 101 mm (3" x 4"). 

Then I printed a sentiment on the card base that I wrote on my computer, using beautiful 'A Little Pot' free font from Kevin & Amanda Free Scrapbook Fonts.
http://www.kevinandamanda.com/fonts/freescrapbookfonts/

I stamped cute hedgehog from  Paper Smooches 'Forest Whimsy' stamp set on a piece of white cardstock paper and colored him in watercoloring technique using Tim Holtz´s Distressed Inks, paint brush and water.
While I was coloring I blended two inks together: 
  • face and legs: Tea Dye and Brushed Corduroy 
  • body: Vintage Photo and Brushed Corduroy

After ink was dry, I fussy cut the hedgehog, colored borders with black permanent marker and added a bit of glossy transparent varnish on his muzzle, eye and eyelid.

To add just a little more interest to this CAS card, I decided to pop up the hedgehog.   
I don´t have any dimensional foam in my stash. While I´m waiting dimensional foam I ordered to arrive, I am using what I have in my stash.  
This time I used small pieces of felt I have. I glued them with universal glue behind the hedgehog and then to the card base. Image is dimensioned, just like I wanted. :-D 


List of supplies:
    http://www.papersmoochesstamps.com/Forest_Whimsy_p/nosc-11-050.htmhttp://www.kevinandamanda.com/fonts/freescrapbookfonts/
  • Paper Smooches 'Forest Whimsy'
  • 'A Little Pot' free font from Kevin&Amanda
  • white cardstock paper 
  • Tim Holtz´s Distressed Inks (Tea Dye, Vintage Photo, Brushed Corduroy)
  • Ranger Archival Ink (Jet Black)
  • Staedtler Lumocolor permanent black pen F (fine) 0.6 mm
  • Staedtler Lumocolor permanent black pen M (medium) 1.0 mm
  • Pritt universal glue  
  • transparent varnish with extra gloss 
  • polymer stamp handle (38 mm x 35 mm) 
  • printer
  • scoring board
  • trimmer 
  • Marabu fine paint brush no. 1
  • crafting needle 
  • Nivea baby cleaning wipes
  • water  
  • felt pieces  


I am entering my card to following challenges:
Note: bold text and challenge badge (if any) are direct links to the current challenge and blog badge (if any) is direct link to blog or challenge home page. 

1) Addicted to CAS, Challenge #58 - Distress
http://addictedtocas.blogspot.com/

2) Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, B is for... 
Brown
This is my 2nd entry to this challenge.
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/

3) The Daily Marker, 30 Day Coloring Challenge
This is my 3rd entry to this challenge. 
http://www.thedailymarker.com/2015/03/day-one-30-day-coloring-challenge-giveaway/

4) Through The Craft Room Door, TTCRD Challenge from March 10th to March 16th, Anything Goes


Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. Enjoy and smile! :-D 


Crafty Milka

5 comments:

  1. Absolute perfection! CAS and gorgeous!! Thanks so much for playing along at ATCAS xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes very simple but very effective - love the cute headgehog - thanks for sharing wiht us at TTCRD this week and good luck
    Andrea x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say, your card makes me 'smile'! Beautiful coloring, too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute card! Thanks for joining along with the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge! please feel free to visit my blog: http://cupcakescreations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great belated birthday present, Milka! Congratulations on the honors from ATCAS for your adorable card!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...