Friday, April 24, 2015

Girl With Roses Easel Card (Fairy Tale Challenge #116)

Happy Friday everyone :-D

It´s time for a new challenge at Fairy Tale Challenge Blog.

The theme for this fortnight is #116, Ein selten oder noch nie benutzter Stempel / Rarely or Never Used Stamp.

This time our lucky winner will win this gorgeous Vintage paper pack. 
 
For this challenge I made this Girl With Roses Easel Card, a Confirmation card for my niece Vanesa.


I used my new gorgeous Mo's Manning digital stamp 'Alisa with Roses'. I printed the image on a white paper (160 grams), colored it with colored pencils and  blended colors with baby oil. I cut out an oval shape around the image, leaving part of a dress outside the shape (idea for this is from here).

Then I made an easel card base. I used bracket shape templates I made using Joy! crafts Die-Cut Designpaper 'Elegance'. I don't have die-cut machine, so I make my own cardstock templates.

I decorated card base with Joy! crafts Die-Cut Designpaper 'Elegance'.

I added acrylic paste on the card, smearing it through gauze. After paste was dry, I glued image and note panel on the card and decorated it with butterflies and roses. 


I distressed paper roses with Tim Holtz's Distress Ink Brushed Corduroy
 
White butterflies are made using butterfly stencil, structure paste and palette knife. I made the stencil from cardstock scraps and butterfly paper puncher. 

Brown butterflies are made using digital butterfly template. I printed them in various sizes, fussy cut them, distressed with Tim Holtz's Distress Ink Brushed Corduroy, glued on the card and coated with découpage glue and varnish. 


Card dimensions are 152 mm x 127 mm (6" x 5").
 
List of supplies: 
    http://www.mosdigitalpencil.com/alisa-with-roses/
  • Mo's Manning digital stamp 'Alisa With Roses'
  • Joy! crafts Die-Cut Designpaper 'Elegance'
  • white cardstock paper
  • brown cardstock paper
  • white paper (160 grams)
  • colored pencils (skin color, pink, green, violets, light browns, grey)
  • Staedtler Lumocolor permanent black pen S (superfine) 0.4 mm
  • Tim Holtz's Distressed Ink (Brushed Corduroy)  
  • pencil 
  • eraser 
  • paper roses
  • Pritt universal glue 
  • double sided strong adhesive tape 
  • transparent low temperature glue stick 
  • Art Potch découpage glue and varnish
  • Marabu Light Structure Paste (805)
  • Marabu acrylic paste fine sand  
  • printer 
  • scoring board 
  • trimmer 
  • scissors 
  • ruler  
  • Tim Holtz's blending tool 
  • crafting needle 
  • palette knife no. 1 
  • Dremel 920 glue gun, low temperature
  • butterfly paper puncher 
  • digital butterfly template 
  • oval templates
  • bracket shape templates
  • MARABU fine paint brush no.10 
  • gauze
  • Johnson's baby oil with Aloe Vera
  • cotton buds

Stop by the Fairy Tale Challenge Blog and see gorgeous projects my Design Team Mates and our Guest Designers made for this challenge. Do join us in this challenge, we can´t wait to see your projects. :-D



I am entering my card to following challenges:
Note: bold text and challenge badge (if any) are direct links to the current challenge and blog badge is direct link to blog or challenge home page.

1) House of Cards, April Challenge: Add a Butterfly and/or Color Inspiration
I only added butterflies
http://houseofcardschallenge.blogspot.com/2015/04/april-challenge-add-butterfly-andor.html
http://houseofcardschallenge.blogspot.com/

2) Live & Love Crafts' Inspiration and Challenge Blog, Challenge #34 - Signs of Spring
http://liveandlovecrafts.blogspot.com/2015/04/challenge-34-signs-of-spring.html
http://liveandlovecrafts.blogspot.com/

3) Mo´s DP2 Challenge Blog, Challenge #250 - Anything MO Goes W/Optional Theme: Spring
http://mosdigitalchallenge.blogspot.com/

4) Noor! Design U.K., Challenge #5 - Anything Goes
http://noordesign-uk.blogspot.nl/2015/04/challenge-5-anything-goes.html
http://noordesign-uk.blogspot.co.uk/

5) Simon Says Stamp Blog, Work it Wednesday March 2015, What you're stamping right now (show your favorite new stamp, oldie but goodie, or whatever is inspiring you to do some crafting now)

This is my 2nd entry to this challenge. 
I used my new Mo's Manning digital stamp 'Alisa With Roses'. Mo's images are my favorite digital stamps at the moment. This is the second image from Mo's I bought this month. :-D
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/

6) Stempeleinmaleins, SEME Challenge #62 - Frühling / Spring 
http://stempeleinmaleins.blogspot.com/search/label/SEME%20Challenge


7) Stempelgarten Challenge, Challenge #36 - Schmetterlinge und/oder Libellen / Butterflies and/or Dragonflies 
http://stempelgartenchallenge.blogspot.ch/

8) Whimsy Stamps Inspiration Challenges, Challenge 82 - Colour an image
This is my 2nd entry to this challenge. 


Thank you so much for stopping by and your kind feedback. Stop by later today, I´ll be posting again. Enjoy and smile! :-D 

Crafty Milka

7 comments:

  1. What a lovely creation! I adore the sweet image, all those butterflies, and the amazing texture! Thanks for joining us at House of Cards! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely card! I like your colouring and all the wonderful details! Thanks for joining us at Stempelgarten challenge!
    ;-) Alex H.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous stamp; I like how parts of the dress is outside the frame, really brings the image to life! Lovely Spring card. Thanks for joining LLC.

    Hugz, Sandy
    Owner & Operator @Live & Love Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely easel card, Milka! Love all the details, especially the butterflies! Thanks for joining the Stempelgarten Challenge :-)
    Anja

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card! Such a beautifully colored image, and I love the color combo and design.
    Thank you for joining our Challenge at the House of Cards.
    Ruza ~ HOC-Designer
    Ruza's Craft Corner

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet and lovely design this is! Love the colors, the textures and the beautifully colored image! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at House of Cards. Hugs, Gracie / Graciellie Design

    ReplyDelete
  7. adorable! Love the embellishments too!
    Thanks for sharing with us at Mo's Digital Pencil Challenge. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...