Saturday, January 30, 2016

Pregnant Lady Silhouette Card (KBD Aloha Friday Challenge #64)

http://kittybeedesigns.blogspot.com/

Hi everyone! :o) 

Yesterday a new Aloha Friday Challenge started at Kitty Bee Designs.

New challenge for this fortnight is #64 - Favorite Color Combo. One of my favorite color combination is violet/white. :o)

We have two sponsors for this challenge: A Random Fan and Sami Stamps, so there will be double prizes! :o)

   


For this challenge I made a Pregnant Lady Silhouette Card, using our sponsor's Sami Stamps 'Waiting for You Silhouette' digital image.


This is CAS (clean and simple), one layer card and my first attempt of no line coloring. :o)

I recolored image lines in MS Word (Format Picture - Recolor - Light Variations) and print it on a white watercolor paper, directly on a card base.

After printing, I left image dry some time to prevent unwanted ink smearing. I colored image in watercoloring, no line, technique, using gorgeous Tim Holtz's Distress Ink Wilted Violet.

Card dimensions are 100 mm x 139 mm (4" x 5 1/2").

List of supplies: 
  • Sami Stamps 'Waiting for You Silhouette'
  • Koh-i-noor watercolor paper (250 gms)
  • Tim Holtz's Distress Ink (Wilted Violet)
  • MS Word
  • printer
  • MS scoring board 
  • trimmer
  • Marabu fine rounded paint brush no. #2
  • paper towels 
  • water 

Stop by the Kitty Bee Designs blog and check out lovely projects my Design Team mates created. And don´t forget to join us in this challenge. We are looking forward to see your projects. :o)


I am entering my card to following challenges:
Note: bold text is a direct link to the current challenge and blog badge is direct link to blog or challenge home page.

1) Beccy's Place, January Challenge
This is my 4th entry to this challenge.

2) Craft Your Passion Challenges, Challenge #296 - Always Anything Goes
http://craftyourpassionchallenges.blogspot.in/

3) Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge, Challenge #26 - Anything Goes


Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. Stop by in an hour, I'll be posting again. Enjoy and smile! :o)


Crafty Milka

4 comments:

  1. Your CAS style card is fabulous Milka! The image is beautiful and I love the no-line colouring you did, it really keeps the focus on the wonderful image. Great job.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very different CAS card-unique~ Thank you for playing with us at Craft Your Passion!
    Carolyn, DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. Love it. Awesome. Thank your for joining us over at Craft Your Passion Challenge. Hope to see you again.

    Hugs
    Tammi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Crafty Milka!! Thank you for creating with Sami Stamps images. I love your card! If you haven't already joined us at FB Sami Stamps group, i would love to invite you to come and share your card with us! Here is our FB link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/618426274947087/

    Bonnie- Sami Stamps DT co-ordinator

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...